Event Dates: 29th & 30th December, 2016.
Venue : Chirala Engineering College
“Chirala Engineering College will be the zonal center of Technex’16 IIT Varanasi. On the 2nd day of Workshop two best performing teams will get a direct entry to Final Round competition to be held at Technex’17 IIT Varanasi in Feb, 2017”.
Duration: 2 Days
Eligibility: The workshop is suited for students from all branches of Engineering. The pre-requisite for joining this workshop is zero, anyone can participate in this workshop.
Certification: During this whole event following Certificate will be provided:
- Certificate of Merit to all participants from Technex’17 IIT Varanasi
- At the end of this workshop, a small competition will be organized among the participating students and winners will be awarded with a ‘Certificate of Excellence’.
Objective of Workshop
The main objective of the workshop is to make the aspiring engineers acquainted with the conceptual as well as practical knowledge of IoT- Internet of Things. It is one of the Latest Technology which is going to change our lifestyle and the technology we use in coming years. It is an estimated that by 2020 approx 50 Billion electronics devices on this planet will be connected to internet.
- What “the Internet of Things” means and how it relates to Cloud computing concepts
- How open platforms allow you to store your sensor data in the Cloud
- Basic usage of the Arduino environment for creating your own embedded projects at low cost
- How to connect your Arduino with your Android phone.
- How to send data to the Internet and talk to the Cloud.
- How to update sensor readings on Twitter (Social Networking Sites).
- How to control any device from anywhere across the world.
- Round 1: Workshop will be organised at 20 different Zonal Centres/Colleges in India from July, 2016 to March, 2017.
- Round 2: A Zonal Round Competition will be organised at the Zonal Centre on 2nd day of Workshop & two best performing teams will get a direct entry to Final Round competition to be held at Technex’17 IIT Varanasi in Feb, 2017.
- Round 3 : A Final Round competition will held at Technex’17 IIT Varanasi among all the Zonal Centre winning teams in Feb, 2017 and winning team will get Certificate of Excellence & Prizes.
Introduction to the Internet of Things
- The Internet of Things
- The Basics of Sensors & Actuators
- Introduction to Cloud Computing
The Arduino Platform
- The Arduino Open-Microcontroller Platform
- Arduino Basics
- Arduino Board Layout & Architecture
- Reading from Sensors
Programming fundamentals ( C language )
Arduino Programming & Interface of Sensors
- Interfacing sensors with Arduino
- Programming Arduino
- Reading from Sensors
Project 1: Simple LED Program for Arduino
Project 2: Integrating Sensors & Reading Environmental Physical Values.
Project 3: Reading Environmental Values on Android Smartphone.
Talking to your Android Phone with Arduino
- Connecting Arduino with Mobile Device.
- The Android Mobile OS.
- Using the Bluetooth Module
Project 4: Voice Controlled Mini Home Automation using Android Smartphone
Project 5: Control Devices using Localhost Web Server for Home Automation
- Integrating Ethernet Module & Testing DHCP Connection
- Creating Program for Localhost Web Server for controlling devices.
Project 6: Creating own Android App using MIT App Inventor & controlling Arduino connected devices.
Project 7: Being Social on Twitter & update status on Twitter through Arduino.
Project 8: Send Voltage & Analog Data on Cloud Server
Project 9: Use Arduino to Upload free data from Environmental Sensors to Cloud Server.
Project 10: Automatically Tweet Sensor based condition on Twitter.
Project 11: Receive Automatic Call Notification on Mobile Phone for Burglar Alarm using IoT Platform.
Project 12: Control Electronic Devices from anywhere across the world using Internet & Mobile App.
- Rs 1350 per participant (With a takeaway IoT kit in a group of 4) Or Rs 900 per participant (without take away kit).
Pre requisites for Students
- Participants need to bring their own laptop at least 1-2 laptop per team with working wifi, usb & lan port.
- One Android Smartphone will be required per team with working Internet (3G Datapack) & Bluetooth in their phone.